| Related docs|
|Review of test net specification|
- Physical requirements
- Numbers for RAM and cores need to come from an estimation from the dev team (need to assign someone to do the estimation TICKET)
- Need a calculation for determining bandwidth requirements (inter-region and cross-region)
- Monitoring and datacenter
- There will not be a team of NOC engineers. Dev team will take pager duty. Consider Pager Duty commercial service or recommendation from Jeremy.
- Network topology
- Incorrect - testnet topology only requires testnet infrastructure in US - Utah.
- Comments added to specification doc during meeting.
| Next steps|
- Need to assign someone to do engineering for this (estimate needs, document tests, to propose RAM estimate and GB estimate) by end of next week
- Jeremy and Nash to work together (1-2 days) to specify testnet needs
- Goal deploy mid-July w/ 1/2 rack of hardware
- Need someone to be on-site at Pyrofex to monitor hardware during RCon3
|Questions and concerns|
- Open question will we needed dedicated dark fiber to support performance goals of
- Concern - need to manage expectations about what will be possible of validating with a cable modem
- Achieving 40K transactions/second will require special infrastructure. This will not be achievable for most people on home-service cable networks.
- Can expect to test against 1/2 rack of hardware in mid-July
- Risk - It's unclear how the hardware deployment goes to achieve 40K transactions/second. Who is buying this? AWS will not support.